Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Strange Awakening

I was startled awake this morning by a strange feeling in my belly. It was a quick kick-like feeling that was more jolting than normal that was reoccurring about every 3-5 seconds for almost an hour. I realized that this was the first time I've felt Iddy Biddy having the hiccups! So cute! But also a little sad. I wanted to hold him/her and comfort him/her, cause hiccups can be frightening to a little one, I think. I know they drive me crazy when I have them for a long time. Shannon is now enjoying all the movement and kicks from Iddy Biddy. I think he/she will be a soccer player or some type of athlete with the amount of movement we've noticed so far, but I'm sure that's what everyone says.

I'm in my last week of classes at Washu this week and will be into finals week next week. So I'm really close to the "baby only" time to prepare for Iddy Biddy. We are refining our baby registry after buying a book recommended by our OB, Baby Bargains, which reviews the multitude of baby products that most people register for, including price and safety info on each. So we will let everyone know when we are finished with the registries. I'm starting to mull over ideas for decorating Iddy Biddy's room. I definitely want to paint some kind of cool mural that would be fun for a boy or a girl and will work not just for infants but for kids too. I've already ruled out clowns and monkeys, since those seem to be scarier than fun for most kids (right, Gwen?)!

We are excited to be coming home for Memorial Day weekend for Sheena's Graduation Party! We're oh so proud of her and can't wait to see her again. I can't believe it's been 3 years since she's been home! So we'll be swinging through Lanesboro to visit my family, Shawna and Erin for a few days of excitement and much Magic playing, then heading up to Wausau for a fun filled time with the Bengford Clan. We also hope to get a chance to visit Autumn, Jay and their three kids and the Hembergers in Minneapolis when we take Grant to the airport the following weekend. We still haven't had a chance to meet Mason, who is over 18 months old or Fredrik, who is over a year old! So it will definitely be another whirlwind trip of fun and excitement. I hope I have the energy and can handle all the time in the car. We will have to take a lot of potty pit stops, hope Shannon's ready!

One movie recommendation we have from the last movie we netflixed: Changeling starring Angelina Jolie and John Malkovich directed by Clint Eastwood. It was surprisingly good, considering it seemed to be under-advertised. It did tug at our heartstrings, so be prepared for some tears. But very gripping, well written (based on a true story), great acting, just a great movie all around.

6 comments:

  1. Aren't those hiccups the pits! Poor baby...but I don't think iddy biddy is actually bothered by them. We WILL make it work to meet you guys!

    We saw that movie, very horrifying yet a good flick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must not have been watching the same movie that we were. I thought there were too many holes in the story and unanswered questions. I thought that the overall concept was good, and most of the actors were alright, but we were still disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On a happier note, I cannot wait to see you guys and feel the baby kick. I am so excited to help decorate the baby's room too. It will be so great.

    I LOVE BABIES!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, I do miss the amazing movements of a tiny wonder in my belly. They are so cool, aren't they!! I am excited to see you soon. Aubrie has been growing like a little weed since you last saw her!!! And I can't wait to see how adorable you look too!!!

    I thought the movie was very powerful as well...very disturbing but overall portrayed the horrifing story very well. Tear jerker, for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CLOWNS ARE THE WORST! I loathed the clown room at our house... Mega bad choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. FUNNY! What about the room with the zombies playing football?

    ReplyDelete